8 arrested in Lando Cain drug bustPublished 11:03am Thursday, December 15, 2011
Drug enforcement officers arrested eight people in connection with a drug bust at 202 Lando Cain Road in Hartselle Wednesday afternoon.
Officers with the Morgan County Drug Task Force, Morgan County Deputies, ABC Board, Decatur Police Organized Crime unit, Madison-Morgan STAC unit and the Lawrence County Drug Task Force executed a narcotics search warrant at the residence of Fuquan Fant Morrow, 42 after a four-month investigation.
When law enforcement arrived, officers arrested numerous individuals outside the residence. A search of the suspect’s residence revealed a large quantity of hydroponics marijuana that was packaged for resale, multiple pills, marijuana scales, one rifle, several loaded handguns and a large sum of money.
Morrow was charged with three counts of unlawful distribution of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of a controlled substance, pssession of drug paraphernalia and felon in possession of a firearm with other additional charges pending. Alabama State Law states that if a person distributes any illegal narcotics within a three-mile radius of a school or daycare, they may be eligible for a sentence enhancement of up to five years for each charge. Morrow also has previous felony convictions.
The following individuals were arrested at the residence:
• Alterriek Hasson Brown, 34, was charged with disorderly conduct and loitering at a drug house.
• James Nathan Harvell, 35, was charged with possession of marijuana in the second degree and loitering at a drug house. His charges were later dropped.
• Nathan Wade Hayes, 35, was charged with loitering at a drug house.
• Robert E. Seibert, 70, was charged with illegal possession of prohibited liquor.
• John Emmitt Sharpley, 47, was charged with interfering with governmental operations.
• Jody Ann Allen, 27, was charged with disorderly conduct.
• Jack Orr, 46, was charged with possession of controlled substance, illegal possession of prescription drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia and carrying a pistol without a permit.