Priceville accepts $75,450 bid for new traffic lightPublished 9:03am Friday, July 13, 2012
The Town of Priceville is getting a new traffic light at the intersection of North Bethel and Cave Springs Roads.
A motion was approved to accept a low bid of $75,450 from Shoals Electric Co. of Muscle Shoals for the installation of the light at Thursday night’s regular council meeting. One other bid was received in the amount of $84,254.50 from Stone Electric Co. of Birmingham.
Councilman Donald Livingston said the light should be up and operational prior to Priceville High School’s home-opening football game against West Morgan on Aug. 30.
The council acted on other matters as follows:
• Approved the payment of bills totaling $207,347,06 for the month of June.
• Approved $3,329.96 for the purchase of protective vests for police officers.
• Approved $325.09 for lodging and other expenses for Paula Hensley, librarian, to attend the Alabama Public Library Service (APLS) Directors Orientation in Montgomery Aug. 7-10.
• Approved payment of $135 to the International Institute of Municipal Clerks for the annual membership renewal of Kelly Dean, city clerk.
• Approved payment of $15 to the Alabama Municipal Revenue Officer’s Association for the annual membership renewal of Kelly Dean, city clerk.
• Approved an expenditure not to exceed $1,400 to construct a drainage head wall at Alabama 67 and Bethel Road.
• Extended a contract with Hood Contracting for three months to furnish the town with mixed concrete.
• Agreed to allow local businesses to use the town’s website to announce upcoming events of public interest.