Priceville approves traffic light for $68kPublished 11:39am Friday, August 10, 2012
Priceville will be installing a new traffic signal at the intersection of Cave Springs Road and Bethel Road in the near future.
The Priceville Town Council accepted Thursday night a low bid of $68,855 from SEC Stone Electric Company, Inc., to install the traffic signal. Bids were opened on Thursday morning with the low bid being sent to the council for approval.
The city is hoping to have the signal in place in time for the first home Priceville football game against West Morgan on Aug. 30.
In other business, the council:
• paid bills totaling $103,545.65
• purchased advertising in the Priceville High athletic fall program and the Hartselle Enquirer’s football edition for $150 and $250 respectively.
• will attempt to sell the old Birdwell home, which is located on property recently purchased by the town for the Morgan County Veterans Memorial, by running a newspaper ad for two weeks. If the house is sold, the buyer must move the home within 30 days. If the house is not sold, the city will have to demolish the house.
• approved $495 for travel expenses for patrolman Jason Wilbanks to attend a death and homicide class in Indiana Sept. 24-28.
• approved $750 for a service maintenance agreement with Ed Smith Office Machines, Inc., for the police department’s copier.