Game notes from Hartselle vs. Muscle ShoalsPublished 10:38pm Friday, October 4, 2013
- The Tiger defense held the Trojans to a season low of 24 points. The previous low for Muscle Shoals was 35 points against Athens.
- Hartselle’s nine points is also the most points allowed by Muscle Shoals this season. For the year, the Trojans have allowed just 16 points.
- Dakota Youngblood recovered a fumble in the first quarter. That was their 12 turnover gained on the season, while Hartselle has only lost nine turnovers on the season.
- This is also the fifth game this season in which Hartselle has not allowed a sack on offense. They have two on the season, both coming in the Decatur game.
- Tonight’s safety was also the second safety this season. The first came against Hillcrest when Zach Pershin initiated the hit on a Patriot running back in the end zone.
- D’Andre Mack scored his second rushing touchdown of the season. He also has three receiveing touchdowns and leads the team with five touchdowns.
- Muscle Shoals outgained Hartselle 208-173. However, 97 yards for Muscle Shoals came on just one play.
- Muscle Shoals didn’t complete a pass in the game on three attempts.
- Tanner Oakes had his second 40-yard reception of the season. His first came against Hillcrest in the first game.