Five ways to overcome conflictPublished 11:28am Tuesday, December 31, 2013
How can you draw close to God? In James 4, James tells us five ways to overcome conflict in your life.
- Submit to God. You need to realize that you need His forgiveness and be willing to follow Him.
- Resist the devil. Don’t let him tempt you.
- Cleanse your hands and purify your hearts. You need to live a pure life.
- Be sincere about your sins. Don’t be afraid to express your sorrow.
- Humble yourself before God”. Although we don’t deserve it, God reached out to us in love and lifts us up in spite of our shortcomings.
On Friday evening, Dec, 20, the Heritage Sunday School Class of Somerville Baptist Church met in the home of Burgess and Angia Smith of Eva for their Christmas dinner. Those attending was class teacher and his wife, Cecil and Judy Berry, Pete and Berta Wilson, Hamp and Dean Sullivan, Ed and Carrie Allen, Nathan and Javon Alldredge, Larry and Sandra Raper, Lou and Ann Heath, Sherry Moore, Mark and Cam Emerson, Doug and Leona Fortinberry, Larry and Jane Swearengin and special guest Michael Bell. All enjoyed a good time of food, fun and fellowship.
Christian love and sympathy is extended to the family and friends of Tiffany Pettus and Lonnie Dunn.
On Saturday morning, Dec. 21, Eldora Maples, Harold and Brenda Motes, Bill and Mearleen Maples, Cecil and Jo Bomar and Jason, Trisha, Haley and Dylan Bomar enjoyed their traditional Christmas breakfast. This year they ate at Ryan’s in Decatur.
On Monday evening, Dec. 23, Nathan, Javon, Jarrod and Whitney Alldredge enjoyed Christmas dinner together and exchanged Christmas gifts.
Happy anniversary wishes go out this week to Ronnie and Andrea Ferguson who celebrated their special day Dec. 31.