City, county splitting extra expenses of parking lotPublished 11:38am Wednesday, January 22, 2014
The City of Hartselle and Morgan County have agreed to split the additional $47,735 that it cost to build a new parking lot in downtown.
Department of Develop-ment director Jeff Johnson said they had to do additional excavation on the property to find a solid base to build the road on.
“The county has graciously agreed to split the additional costs with us,” Johnson said.
The Hartselle City Council approved a $25,000 budget adjustment in the state capital improvement fund to cover the rest of the costs.
In other business, the council:
• vacated the unopened portion of Pattillo Street.
• approved a three-year contract with RiverTree Systems, Inc. to provide sales tax auditing and business license compliance at a $65 per hour rate. City attorney Larry Madison approved the contract with a couple of minor changes in the contract. City Clerk Rita Lee said the service will seek out any business that does not pay sales taxes or businesses that don’t accurately report sales tax revenues for business licenses.
• approved an event permit for the Run for Life 5k at the Hartselle Tabernacle.
• approved a $4,000 budget adjustment to reflect donations that the fire department received for equipment and furnishings of the fire training and emergency operations facility.
• transferred $360 for the repair of a weather siren on Groover Road.