Tigers take 2nd, 3rd at Cullman InvitePublished 6:27pm Monday, March 10, 2014
Hartselle track and field earned second place in boys and third place in the girls at the Cullman Invitational Saturday.
On the boys side, Jaylan Jackson won the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.33. D’Andre Mack was sixth with 11.71 while Jamal Jackson was eighth with 11.79.
The relay team of Jamal Jackson, Jaylan Jackson, Mack and Zane Green took first place in the 4x100m event. Nic Steele, Cole Houser, Cesar Romero and Tykeem Williams finished seventh in the same race.
Chase Barrett, Aaron Davis, John Duncan and John Paulsen combined to win the 4x800m relay.
Abigail Davis led the girls team by sweeping the long distance events with a 5:46.91 in the 1,600 meter run and a 12:31.50 in the 3,200 meters. Taylor Barnett added a sixth place finish in the 3,200 meters.
Reagan Bowling finished first in the girls 800 meters with 2:29.34. Morgan Ward, Jessica Hickerson and Katy Beth Bole also finished fifth, seventh and eighth, respectively.
Barnett, Bowling, Davis and Morgan Ward brought home a first place finish in the 4x800m relay with a time of 10:38.54.
Kelsey Rae Walling scored a victory in the pole vault with a nine-foot effort.
Nikki Nolan and Haley Hickman added sixth and seventh place finishes.
The following are other athletes who scored points for the boys and girls teams:
• Brad Lovill was second in the discus throw while Kris Doss finished sixth. The two finished fifth and sixth in the javelin.
• The 4x400m relay team of Chase Barrett, John Duncan, Green and Mason McGee was third.
• Aaron Davis was third in the 3,200 meters and fifth in the boys 1,600 meters while John Paulsen was seventh in the boys 800 meters.
• McGee and Green were third and sixth in the boys 110m hurdles. The two were third and eighth in the 300m hurdles.
• Jaylan Jackson, and Brett Hale were third and fourth in the high jump. Hale and Kris Doss were fourth and seventh in the pole vault.
• Mack and Jaylan Jackson finished fourth and seventh in the triple jump.
• Alley Orr scored a second place finish in the javelin followed by Calli Partlow in third, Serra Harris in fourth, Morgan Braun in sixth and Holly Blankenship in eighth.
• Billie Shelton, Sloan Sittason and Olivia Godsey were third, sixth and seventh, respectively in the 100-meter hurdles. Shelton and Godsey added a sixth and eighth place finishes in the 300-meter hurdles.
• Megan Zuck finished third in the third jump and tied for eighth place in the long jump. Hannah Wiley was eighth in the triple jump.
• The girls 4x100m relay team of Godsey, Sittason, Kelsey Rae Walling and Zuck took fourth.
• Bowling, Jessica Hickerson, Shelton and Zuck also had a fourth place finish in the 4×400 relay.
• Adriane Kelley was ninth in the high jump while Jordan Hickerson finished 10th in the girls 200 meters.