Hartselle Parks and Recreation announces summer eventsPublished 2:24pm Thursday, May 8, 2014
Hartselle Parks and Recreation has released its summer calendar of events.
Some of the events hosted this summer include the following:
• Hartselle Aquatic Center will open May 24 at 10 a.m. The hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 1 to 6 p.m. Day passes are $10 for Ages 13 and above is $10 per day, $8 for ages 6-12, $8 for seniors ages 62+ and $5 for ages 5 and under. The after 5 p.m. rates are $8 for adults, $5 for ages 6-12, $5 for seniors 62 and older and $3 for 5 and under. Season pool passes can be purchased at Sparkman Civic Center until the Aquatic Center opens. Individual passes are $100 and each additional passes are $50 each. Senior passes (ages 62+) are $75.
• Water Aerobics classes will meet on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6:50 to 7:50 a.m. beginning June 2. The fee is $25 per month or $5 per visit.
• Hartselle Youth Football and Cheerleading registration will be June 16, 23 and 30 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Hibbett Sports in Hartselle. Registration fee is $60 for cheerleaders and ages 5/6 football players. Ages 7-12 will be $80. The birthday cut-off date is Aug. 31.
• Hartselle Fall AYSO Soccer Registration will be May 8 and 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. and May 17 from 1 to 5 p.m. Registration will be held at Sparkman Civic Center.
• Join us every Tuesday in June at 1PM at the SNAP Splash Pad behind Sparkman Civic Center for Splash Pad Parties. The event is open to ages 12 and under and is free to all that attend. Refreshments will be served after each party to children only.
• Women’s aerobics classes meet Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:45 to 8:45 a.m. at Sparkman Civic Center. The fee is $25 per month.
• Women’s Yoga classes will meet on Monday nights at 6:15 p.m. at Sparkman civic center. The fee is $25 per month.
• Youth tumbling classes meet Mondays at 4 p.m. at Sparkman Civic Center. The class is for ages 3-12. The fee is $40 per month.
• Baton classes meet Mondays at 5 p.m. The class is for age 6 and older. The fee is $40 per month.
• Hartselle Park and Recreation and the Hartselle Fire Department are hosting a Youth Fire Academy June 11 from 9 to 11 a.m. in Sparkman Park. Get to experience a day on the life of a real firefighter. The academy is for children ages 6-12. They will try on uniforms, explore trucks and other fun firefighter activities. This event is free. Register at the civic center no later than June 5. Those that register after the cut-off date will not receive an event t-shirt. Kids, be prepared to get wet.
• Hartselle Parks and Recreation and the Hartselle Police Department are sponsoring a Youth Police Academy June 25 from 9 to 11 a.m. at Sparkman Civic Center. Hartselle’s finest will give children an idea of what goes on behind the scenes. The police officers invite children ages 6-12 to look inside a patrol car and learn about other exciting police procedures. This event is free. Register no later than June 19. Those that register after the cut-off date will not receive an event T-shirt.
• Daddy Daughter Date Night will be June 13 from 7 to 9 p.m. at Sparkman Civic Center. This event is just in time for Father’s Day. Daughters, bring dear old dad out for a night of dinner and dancing. We have many wonderful things planned for the evening. Daughters and granddaughters of all ages are encouraged to bring Dad out for a few hours of quality time that you will cherish for a lifetime. A $10 per person fee must be paid no later than June 6 to reserve your places.
• Kids in the Kitchen class will be June 19 from 8 to 11 a.m. Kids ages 9-12 will learn simple meal preparation and kitchen utensil recognition. We will prepare breakfast, lunch and a dessert during this class. The fee is $10 per person. Please register and pay the fee no later than June 16.
• Spa Party for girls ages 8 to 10 will be June 26 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sparkman Civic Center. The event includes manicures, pedicures and facials too. The fee is $10 and includes a light lunch, a day of pampering and a goody bag. Please register and pay the fee no later than June 23.
• Adult Coed and Men’s Softball League team registration will begin July 1 and end August 1. The fee is $425 per team. Games will begin Aug. 11. If you have any questions, call Sparkman Civic Center at 256-773-2581.
• Boys 2 Men for boys ages 10 to 14 will be July 7-11 from 9 to 11 a.m. each day. This class will teach them basic automobiles, grooming, tool information, lawn care, fishing, camping basics, grilling and the bodily changes of a teenager. Upon completion of the course each participant will receive a one day pool pass to the Hartselle Aquatic Center. The fee is $10 for the entire session. Scholarships are available for those unable to pay. Please register and pay no later than July 3.
• Hartselle Parks and Recreation’s Princess Party will be July 15 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. We will play games, make tiaras, and play make-up and have “tea” at noon. The party is for girls ages 5-7. Partygoers are asked to wear their best gaudy princess attire. Please register and pay the $10 fee no later than July 11.
• Hartselle Parks and Recreation will have a rummage sale July 18 and 19 beginning at 7 a.m. both days. Sellers may begin registering June 2 at 7:30 a.m. Booth rental is $20 for both days. All sellers must be registered by July 14. No one-day sellers. There is limited space available.
• Hartselle Parks and Recreation will have a family campout July 25 beginning at 6 p.m. Please join us for camping, games and more. Bring your tents to the pavilion area at Sparkman Park at 6PM and start setting up for an evening of family fun. The fee is $10 per tent. The fee includes supper, s’mores and breakfast. Each family must have at least one adult present for the entire event. Please register and pay the fee no later than July 21. Please note that there are no water or electrical hook ups. The pavilion restrooms are open for your use.
Here are clinics that will be offered this summer:
• Hartselle Parks and Recreation will have a soccer clinic instructed by local volunteers. The clinic will be held June 2-6 at Groover Road soccer fields. Ages 4-8 will be from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. and ages 9 and older will be 8:30 to 10 a.m. The fee is $37, which includes a T-shirt and drinks. Players are asked to bring shin guards and a soccer ball if one is available. Please register and pay no later than May 29 at the civic center.
• In this three-day class, Rachel Quinlavin will be teaching your child how to paint with acrylics while also including art history in each lesson. The art clinic will be June 4-6 at 1 p.m. The fee is $60 and includes supplies. Rachel is currently attending Athens State University on an art scholarship to become and art teacher for children grades K-12. She is also a volunteer at Crestline Elementary School and has taught three CUBS meetings. Participants must be registered no later than May 30. If you have any questions do not hesitate to email her at email@example.com.
• Mellonie Chappell will be instructing girls entering grades K-7 the basics of twirling, basic strut and a dance twirl routine during a Baton clinic June 9-11 from 9 to 11 a.m. Please register and pay the $35 fee no later than June 5. Five participants are needed or the clinic will be cancelled.
• Family Lanes will host a bowling clinic June 16-18 from 10 a.m. to noon. The fee is $25 and includes lunch. Participants are asked to wear tennis shoes. You must register and pay at the civic center no later than June 12. The class will be instructed by local certified bowling instructors.
• Mellonie Chappell will be instructing kids ages 5-10 the basic art of tumbling during a Tumbling Clinic June 23-25 from 9 to 11 a.m. Please register and pay the $35 fee no later than June 19. Five participants or the clinic will be cancelled.
• The annual AYSO clinic will be held July 28 to Aug. 1 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Groover Road soccer fields. This clinic is for kids ages 5-16. The fee is $105. For more information, contact Jeff Roberts at 888-857-6222.
• Birthday Bash- Tired of spending hours, days or even weeks planning your child’s birthday party? For only $100 we will do all of the work for you! The fee includes: party room at the civic center, themed invitations, themed decorations, plates, cups, napkins, eating utensils, party favors, games, activities and two party coordinators. All you need to supply is cake and refreshments. Space is limited. Be sure to register early. All fees must be paid at least one week prior to your party. The fee is good for up to 12 children ages 5 and older. Additional children will be $5 each. Parties may be held Monday-Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. or Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. No Sunday parties.